Monday, November 9, 2009

Body Language Part I


I find myself being intrigued on the topic of body language (particularly women's) and seriously let's be honest: the body language of men and women, generally, is very different. If you google women body language, you will find some of the following topics (and, because we live in a hetero-normative/hetero-sexist culture, these sites are for men) From askmen.com, one will find "Women who are trying to get a man's attention are easy to point out, even from across the room; virtually every aspect of their body language changes drastically. For starters, they lean toward the man they are trying to attract and they frequently make eye contact. They laugh more often than usual and smile constantly, regardless of whether or not the guy is funny. They chew on their lips and their faces are more animated." Oh, really? This is news to me. I laugh for the following reasons: When things are funny, or when I am nervous. Maybe it's just me, but if I don't find the person that I am interested in (not to mention want to partner with) funny, all bets are off. Also the following, from other various sites will lead a man to know whether or not a woman is into him. Take note of afore mentioned biting of the lips and heavy breathing. Hmmmm. I don't know. Again, I bite my lips when I'm nervous and heavy breathing can be a variety of things, like, well, not being able to breathe. So, basically, me being nervous and afraid is attracting men. Just what I wanted. On a final note, and one of my personal favorites, from learnbodylanguage.org : "When sitting with legs crossed, bouncing her foot back and forth rhythmically while dangling one shoe off her toe signals much more than, "My foot is tired and I want to go to bed!" Note to self: next time your foot is tired and you bounce it, it really means you are looking for a new man.

No comments:

Post a Comment